On 28 January 2002 the European Food Safety Authority laid down the general principles and requirements of food law which regulates the production of animal feed for both food producing and non-food producing animals.
The regulations are there to ensure that feed is safe and does not have an adverse effect on human or animal health.
Feed safety is achieved in a number of ways and Brathadair does this by means of the following;
[The company seeks to be FEMAS accredited*] and this ensures that;
– All raw materials are identified and can be traced back to an individual manufacturer or group of manufacturers.
– Samples from each production run are retained for analysis.
– Analytical testing is periodically undertaken by independent and fully accredited laboratories. This ensures that the quality our product remains consistent.
– The company undertakes risk assessment of all its manufacturing processes to ensure that at every step risk is minimized.
– The company is subject to annual inspection under FEMAS and is registered with the relevant local authorities
Full technical specification for all products is available upon request.
* Accreditation pending initial assessment